|Vintage Brochures http://www.vintagebrochures.com
Contact seller for pricing quotation on this item
Text in this entire item listing is all original text composed by this seller specifically for this item listing. Do not duplicate or use without prior authorization.
Genuine original Akai GX-R88 / GX-R99 reel drive rubber idler assembly. Made in Japan
Quantity of ONE (1) piece
This is a genuine original Akai GX-R88 / GX-R99 cassette deck reel drive rubber idler replacement part. This idler assembly is compatible only with the advanced transport modules on the Akai GX-R88 and GX-R99 3-head, 4-motor dual capstan drive dual direct drive bi-directional cassette deck transports only.
This part is useful for direct original manufacturer's part replacement for the Akai GX-R88 / GX-R99 reel idler assembly when the existing idler is worn, badly contaminated or hardened with extended use over time, resulting in unstable or uneven or weak or non-existent reel drive torque, thus endangering cassette tapes used in the deck. Poor reel drive torque is the frequent cause of one or more of the following transport problems:
* Pre-mature or random stopping of tape transport due to weak or improper reel table winding
* Tape jams / damages due to tape spillage from the cassette shell due to improper winding of take up reel
* Slow fast wind (Fast forward / Rewind) action due to weak reel drive torque
* Contamination of reel table rim drive surfaces from worn or flaking reel idler rubber surface due to idler slippage
* Unstable or incorrect tape speed
* Tape vibration from idler slippage translating into physical flutter on travelling tape
This part has long been discontinued, is no longer available, and availability is extremely rare.
* New condition - never used